Trust the best-selling Cert Guide series from Pearson IT Certification to help you learn, prepare, and practice for exam success. Cert Guides are built with the objective of providing assessment, review, and practice to help ensure you are fully prepared for your certification exam.
Master Red Hat RHCSA (EX200) and RHCE (EX300) exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Test yourself with 4 practice exams (2 RHCSA and 2 RHCE)
- Gain expertise and knowledge using the companion website, which contains over 40 interactive exercises, 4 advanced CLI simulations, 40 interactive quizzes and glossary quizzes (one for each chapter), 3 virtual machines and more.
Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending labs help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test focuses specifically on the objectives for the newest Red Hat RHCSA (EX200) and RHCE (EX300) exams reflecting Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. Expert Linux trainer and consultant Sander van Vugt shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, comprehensive design scenarios, and challenging review questions and exercises, this study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will allow you to succeed on the exam the first time.
This study guide helps you master all the topics on the new RHCSA (EX200) and RHCE (EX300) exams, including
Part 1: RHCSA
- Basic System Management: Installation, tools, text files, server connections; user, group, and permissions management; network configuration
- Operating Running Systems: Process management, VMs, package installation, task scheduling, logging, managing partitions and LVM logical volumes
- Advanced System Administration: Basic kernel management, basic Apache server configuration, boot procedures/troubleshooting
- Managing Network Services: Using Kickstart; managing SELinux; configuring firewalls, remote mounts, FTP, and time services
Part 2: RHCE
- System Configuration/Management: External authentication/authorization, iSCSI SANs, performance reporting, optimization, logging, routing/advanced networking, Bash scripting
- System Security: Configuring firewalls, advanced Apache services, DNS, MariaDB, NFS, Samba, SMTP, SSH, and time synchronization