This Nature Travel Guide has the inspiration and practical information for you whatever your birdwatching preferences. You might sprinkle amazing wildlife highlights into your vacation or go further and enjoy a dedicated birdwatching itinerary of days, weeks or months.
In Birds of New Zealand, you'll discover:
- Unbiased, practical advice about where to go for groups, families and solo travellers
- Self-guided nature walks, each with unique, site-specific information including maps, clear directions and wildlife-watching tips
- Scenic drives, nature-watching viewpoints and other options are also covered to suit different exploring styles
- Detailed coverage of Kahurangi, Paparoa, Haast, Fiordland, Stewart Island, the South East Coast, Mount Cook, Franz Josef, Cook Strait, Wellington, Auckland and Whirinaki
- Advice for all budgets and travel styles including premium accommodation, driving tours, a 50 day budget backpacking itinerary and hiking options
- Specific help so you can travel independently whilst avoiding expensive tours and guides and still encounter Southern Brown Kiwi in the daytime on Stewart Island, adventure out at night to see Great Spotted Kiwi at Kahurangi, watch albatrosses soar powerfully over the cliffs at Harrington Point, get close views of resting fur seals at their colonies all around the coast, hear the magical sounds of native forest birds at Tiritiri Matangi Island and other protected reserves and much more
- Illustrated nature activities about kiwi tracking and birdwatching
The eBook version has:
- Effortless navigation with multiple internal links to recreate the experience of flicking through a paper guide
- Full colour maps and images optimised for electronic readers that are carefully designed to work on black-and-white screens and included in the download for full readability offline
Buy this book now to follow in the footsteps of the Nature Travel Guide through New Zealand!