Adriana the mermaid never learned how to swim. Can she trust her crab and dolphin friends, overcome her fears, stand up to her bullies and prove to herself her true strength?
Adriana is a little mermaid with a big problem: she doesn't know how to swim!
She has tried very hard to learn, but she's a little different and it just has not come natural to her. While she was giving it her all, other mermaids have been mean to her, and have bullied her so much she had no choice but to hide away and give up on swimming and living a happy life under the sea.
She lives alone in a cave with only one kind crab who visits for company.
Until the Sea Olympics come to town and Adriana has a chance to face her fears and discover how strong she really is, with the help of a new friend and her old pal.
A short bedtime story to teach children about their real strength, that bullies have no real power over them and that friends can lift you up!
Best for Kids who:
- Love mermaids and other ocean dwellers like dolphins
- Like fantasy stories
- Can identify with characters who are lonely
- May be struggling to learn something everybody else seems to do easily
- Have experienced being bullied at school
- Like sports but are afraid of trying
- Enjoy swimming or are having trouble with it but would like to learn
- Are afraid of going outside
Gift this book if you're looking for:
- A short story to teach a child that they are stronger than bullies
- A heartwarming tale about overcoming your fears
- A cute story about the power of friendship
- A story based in the water to help a child get over fear of swimming
- A delightful short story for a mermaid lover in your life
Children's Book by Age 3 5 with amazing illustrations!