gained over the last 29 years with the predecessor technologies to
KNX, i.e. the European Installation Bus (EIB), the European Home System
(EHS) and BatiBUS.
The skilful application of KNX requires sound knowledge of all persons
involved. Training measures are therefore required towards:
• Selection of bus devices and installation material;
• fields of application and main applications of the KNX bus system;
• selection of the bus topology in view of the construction of the building
and the desired functionalities;
• planning of the to be installed bus system;
• Installation, thereby taking into account the relevant regulations (e.g.
lightning protection, electromagnetic compatibility, etc.);
• Commissioning and servicing of KNX installations.
The January 2019 edition of the KNX Basic Course Documentation gives
you an in-depth overview of all the above listed points. In-depth information
about Security, HVAC control with KNX… can be found in the
document “KNX Advanced Course Documentation” which is published
This Basic Course Documentation (with successful concluding exam) is
the basis for KNX Partnership. Courses are organised by more than 400
certified training centres around the world.