Martin Meadows has delivered a solid book on the topic of self-confidence. The core of the content focuses on self-efficacy which, as the author explains in detail with clear examples, is at the heart of a persons ability to function.
This is especially true for people with low efficacy because they don't believe that they can do it. They spend their whole lives struggling with trying to build up confidence in so many ways but, as Martin points out, efficacy is the lesser-known reason many people miss. Having read a lot of books on how to build self-confidence, this is the first one I have read that focused primarily on the core concept that self-efficacy is the main problem.
While many other factors may contribute to a person with low confidence, Martin offers lots of suggestions and well-researched articles that prove to readers if they boost their self-efficacy, they can elevate confidence to a level that makes anything possible
• Chapter 1 reveals what efficacy is and how people with a strong sense of efficacy can master certain skills. But people with weak efficacy struggle master anything and avoid challenges.
• Chapter 2 is about mastering the fear of failure. By desensitizing yourself to failure through rejection, you can strengthen your efficacy by overcoming obstacles and producing just small wins at first.
• Chapter 3 is about social meddling and how you can strengthen yourself further by watching others succeed. This can happen through having a mentor or accountability partner/mastermind group. You have a better chance of succeeding by hanging around with people who are on the same level as you and act as a support team.
• Chapter 4 is about social persuasion and psychological responses. This chapter is very important because it focuses on, nit just the power of positive influence but also the power persuasion of negative influences. By focusing on positive small talk you can experience some big wins to push you over the hurdle.
• Chapter 5 is about the 5 rules you can develop for a strong sense of self-efficacy. This was my favorite chapter by far. By setting goals slightly above your ability you can stretch your comfort zone a little more every time. Also a great section here on reframing your thoughts so that you can stop making excuses as to why you can’t do something. The part on locus of control and how we are in control of the events that affect our lives is a powerful truth.
In a nutshell, this little book is worth its weight in wisdom and provides a deeper insight on going more confidence, not by providing cheap tips such as “believe in yourself” but really takes the reader deeper in so that they can explore the weaker parts of themselves. From there, the healing towards gaining greater confidence and clarity in our daily lives becomes a strong anchor.
A highly recommended read that you won’t regret investing the time and money in.
- Hardcover: 56 pagina's
- Uitgever: Lulu.com (27 juli 2018)
- Taal: Engels
- ISBN-10: 1387970682
- ISBN-13: 978-1387970681
- Productafmetingen: 15,2 x 0,6 x 22,9 cm
- Brutogewicht (incl. verpakking): 254 g
- Klantenrecensies: 198 klantbeoordelingen
Wanneer je dit product verkoopt, wil je dan updates aanbieden over seller support?