This book focuses on building inspiration. It provides an integrated set of tools and techniques for inspiring ourselves and other people during times of change.
The benefits come in three stages:
- First, each tool enables us to address a specific challenge that arises during change. We learn to stay calm in a crisis and make clear sense of new situations. We learn to find more opportunities, choose the best, and inspire people to want to make it happen.
- Applied together, these tools deliver a framework built around purpose and values that enables us to adapt better and faster.
- With practice over time we become antifragile: able to use change to become stronger and find joy.
By applying the simple techniques in this book you will learn from examples such as Tesla, Apple, and Google how to get more done with less, faster, in ways that last. You will learn not only how to survive change but how to thrive because of change.
The book contains 13 colour diagrams and comes with a free downloadable workbook.
“Brilliant… Fundamental… Entertaining… The inspiring manual to improve our ability to cope and thrive in post-normal VUCA times. Extremely wise… Desperately needed… Highly recommended… Helps to turn this seemingly scary-looking future to become an adventure full of possibilities.”
– Ilkka Kakko, serial entrepreneur, Finland
“An essential shift in thinking; an ethical framework for business decision makers based on emotional maturity.”
– Joshua Englander, Business Director, MRM McCann, Germany
“Essential reading for any leader who wants to thrive in times of change… An easy read… with the potential for real personal change in developing authentic leadership.”
– Kate Cooper, Head of Research, Policy & Standards, Institute of Leadership and Management, London
“An outstanding book. Inspirational and uplifting. A beacon of light.”
– Giovanni Facchinetti, Managing Director, B4B, Switzerland
“My favourite book to turn to when I have a leadership dilemma.”
– Emma Richardson, Director of HR Consultancy Services, Lewis Silkin, London
“Should be on every change-maker’s bookshelf. A rich compendium of extremely practical exercises and guidance… Easy to read… Detailed and clearly explained… 21st century leadership… Invaluable.”
– Simon Robinson, co-founder Holonomics Education, Brazil
“It’s brilliant! I keep dipping into it and finding little pearls of wisdom. The toolbox for taking control [and] leading the life you want.”
– Sally Birch, writer and artist, England
“Refreshing and necessary. A personal development journey recommended for anyone aspiring to refocus their energies in today’s highly unpredictable world.”
– Eric Lynn, Organisation Development Consultant, Germany
“An excellent guide to riding the waves of change and being stronger when faced with adversity. A practical guide to coping with uncertainty and change.”
– Peter Cook, leadership and innovation consultant, England
“An outstanding book… very much enjoying reading it… A very useful map to navigate the VUCA world we are living in. In these difficult times, we need to find an internal compass, represented by our values, our purpose, and what resonates deep inside of us. [This] book is a very valuable companion for those who follow their inspiration and dare to venture out of the beaten path in search of meaning.”
– Reader on Amazon.com
“Excellent: tools for building leadership in times of change. It’s clear, pragmatic, practical, radical.”
– Reader on Twitter