You've made a website and now want it to reach its potential. This book will help you maximise your revenue by ensuring ensure your site truly meets the needs of your visitors.
Specifically, this book will help increase:
- The time your visitors want to spend on your site (dwell time).
- The number of visitors coming back to your site (revisitation).
- The chance of a visitor recommending your site to someone else (advocacy).
- The likelihood of your visitors making an on-the-day purchase or enquiry (conversion/lead generation).
This book is not a guide to SEO and it won't teach you how to code, but it will show you how to deliver a fantastic visitor experience across all parts of your site. You will learn how to:
- Design a homepage that immediately grabs your visitors’ attention.
- Write compelling content that encourages your visitors to take action.
- Build a navigational structure that makes it easy for visitors to get around your site and complete their missions.
- Optimise your e-commerce pages to help visitors find products they love, boosting conversion rates.
- Ensure your site works well on all the devices and browsers that your visitors might be using.
- And much more!...
If your site doesn't give your visitors a great experience, many will leave and you'll not only miss out on potential revenue but will also have wasted any investment into SEO, content marketing or paid advertising.
Website builders, such as Wix, Wordpress and Squarespace, make it incredibly easy to build beautiful looking websites in just a matter of hours. But building an effective site is much harder and takes thought and dedication. Larger websites have teams of people with formal training in web design. Whilst you don't have the benefit of those same resources, you can still learn how to significantly improve your visitors’ experience in a matter of hours rather than months and years.
- Has made, or is making, the website themselves, using a website builder.
- Is running a relatively small website as a business or a hobby.
- Has no formal training or background in web design.
So, whether you are looking to improve your existing site or you’re thinking about site design before you start building, this book will prove an invaluable resource.
About the author: Tom currently works at an award-winning research consultancy in London and has spent many years working to improve the website experience of some of the busiest websites in the UK. He has built his own websites both from scratch and using website builders and has even designed and launched a mobile app.