A hands-on guide with a minimalist and flexible approach that enables quick learning and rapid delivery of cloud-ready enterprise applications with Angular 8
- Second edition of the bestselling book, improved and updated to help you master modern Angular app design and architecture
- Deploy your app on highly available cloud infrastructure using AWS or any cloud
- Enable rapid delivery of high-quality and reliable Angular applications
Angular for Enterprise-Ready Web Applications, updated with more in-depth and comprehensive coverage of the evergreen Angular platform, uses a minimalistic and iterative approach to learning and development, presenting alternatives to help readers make informed decisions.
The first part of the book is about mastering Angular fundamentals. You will use the Kanban method and GitHub tools to focus on value delivery, build great looking apps with Angular Material, leverage reactive programming patterns with RxJS, and deploy your app to the cloud using Docker.
The second part of the book will guide you through designing and developing line-of-business apps with observable data anchors, demonstrated through oft-used recipes like master/detail views, and data grids with pagination and forms. You will learn robust authentication and authorization design, automated unit testing, API mocking using Swagger, and continuous integration using CircleCI.
In the concluding chapters, you will provision a highly available cloud infrastructure on AWS, capture user behavior with Google Analytics, and perform load testing.
By the end of this book, you will become familiar with the whole gamut of modern web development learning patterns and practices to be successful as an individual developer on the web or as a team in the Enterprise.
What you will learn
- Adopt a minimalist, value-first approach to delivering your app
- Master Angular fundamentals, RxJS, CLI tools, GitHub and Docker
- Become a reactive developer, learn about the flux pattern and NgRx
- Consume Web APIs and learn about RESTful API design
- Architect responsive, secure and scalable apps to deploy on AWS
- Work with Nginx and Node.js based Docker containers
- Get introduced to DevOps with CircleCI, Firebase, and Zeit Now
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want to confidently deliver high-quality and production-grade Angular apps from design to deployment. Developers that have prior experience in writing a RESTful APIs will get the full benefit of the content; even if not, developers will gain better situational awareness of how, as a web developer, they fit in the larger picture of delivering a web application. This awareness is critical in becoming a more productive developer!