Why does it seem like the world is falling apart?
Everywhere we look today, the world is changing, and not for the better. For many of us, such political and cultural changes have been so dramatic that we no longer recognize our societies anymore. So what's going on?This book has the answer!
In this masterful work, 'The Abolition of Man,' C.S. Lewis observes how the modern world is in fact changing our conception of what it means to be human by sequestering humanity from the objective values that made us most human. Focusing on modern educational reforms, Lewis noted that instead of virtue formation, modern educational practices perpetuate a mechanistic vision of the world comprised of scientifically inspired control over nature and, as a necessary consequence, humans. HERE’S A PREVIEW OF WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ……….
- How modernist assumptions about the world differ drastically from classical and Christian ones
- How modernism is radically reshaping a fundamentally different conception of humanity
- What role education plays in perpetuating modernist norms about the world
- How the role of virtue and wisdom formation can become a powerful antidote to these secularizing tendencies
- And much, much more ....along with a whole BONUS SECTION of study questions and answers to group discussion!!
In this insightful and thought provoking book, you will discover C.S. Lewis’ invitation to challenge the modernist assumptions of our age by rediscovering the doctrine of objective values and, in so doing, you will rediscover a hope for truly human flourishing for generations to come.Get your copy today!